Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bridgette's 2nd Birthday!!

I can't believe my baby is already 2!  She really is so grown up and proud to be a 2 year old.  We sure love this silly, talkative girl!  This is from her Dr's visit where she was 27#- 50th %-ile and almost 3 ft tall- 75%-ile.  She is developing well and according to the doctor, ahead with her verbal skills.  (Cute necklaces which she now wears everyday from cousins Jace, Eli and Sophie)
Showing me her Minnie balloon right after we came home from the store.
 Birthday morning.  She is wearing a new skirt (made by me from scraps I had) and her birthday crown.  She insisted on wearing the crown all day!
 We got to go visit Daddy at work since he forgot something he needed.  It was perfect since he was on-call and couldn't be there for her actual birthday.  Despite the picture, Bridgie was very excited to see him.  I'm surprised Tyler is smiling, because I had just accidentally run over his toes!  (Don't worry, no damage done, just embarrassing for me!)
 We stopped by our favorite donut shop on the way home for a birthday treat.  She got to choose her own and picked a chocolate frosted with sprinkles.  She ate off all the frosting and then told me "new".
 After that we got to go pick up Grammy and Popcan from the airport.  Bridgie has been so excited to have them come for her birthday.
 She got to open her birthday presents from them that day and got a Doggy book.  She screamed "Doggy" so loud when she opened it. 
 She also got this cute shopping cart which she was so excited to push around after Popcan put it together.  (Ran away after her bath to play)
She was able to open her big present from Tyler and I on Thursday after Tyler got home from work.  She got a play kitchen which she loves!  Popcan taught her how to pretend to eat food and she's become the pro.
Friday we visited the Aquarium in Long Beach (sans Tyler).  Bridgette loved it and kept saying "More animals" running from tank to tank.  This is the penguins.
Saturday we finally had her birthday cake.  We made it into her favorite doggy, Bronco!  She was excited to see it in the morning after it was done.
 We hit the beach for a few hours in the morning and had a perfect day!  Warm weather and the water not too cold either.  Tyler was able to practice surfing and we got to boogie board too.
 Buried by Daddy.
 Bridgette with her Grammy and Popcan.
 That night after dinner, we sang Happy birthday and she tried to blow out her candles.
 After some help from Grammy, she wanted to do it over and over again.
 Eating Bronco's ball.
We had a great time celebrating her birthday this year!  She loved her special day and understood what was going on.  She has been playing non-stop with all her new toys and books.  She loved having visitors come to celebrate and keeps asking for my parents.  I love this age where she actually remembers our families and talks about them.
Happy second birthday to our sweet girly- girl who started out so tiny!
(Newborn picture by Lisa Christensen)

3 comments:

Laura Cates said...

What a fun birthday for Bridgette. Her Bronco cake turned out cute, way to be creative! Looks like fun with Mom and Popcan there. Brady has that Dog book, it's such a fun one.

Barbara said...

How fun! Happy birthday Bridgette!! You should let me know how you made that Bronco cake. I've been wanting to make an animal cake for Addy since she loves them so much. We'll see if I get it figured out. Looks like a great time with your parents.

Carrie said...

So adorable! I'm so glad she likes her necklaces. Glad you had a good visit with Mom and Popcan. And I was laughing so hard about you running over Tyler's toes. That is totally something I would do too!

Contributors